Sunday 1 September 2013

My handmade behaviour chart!

I have spent most of today making a fabric version of my behaviour chart... 
here is the link to my old one Click here to see  

It is based on the Clip chart Click here to view

All of my bits and pieces ready... It will be the first time that I have used the Silhouette Cameo to cut fabric!



First I cut out all the different coloured fabrics that I needed 
Then I designed my writing for each section using my Silhouette Software - I originally wanted to cut my lettering out with felt but it REALLY didn't work - I think it was the felt more than the machine - I even had the silhouette interfacing stuck on! In the end I went with cotton fabric - this worked well :) 
I noticed that with the facing it is best to let is cool a bit before pealing off the backing.


Once I had placed all the writing in the correct place I was going to applique it to the chart - this didn't look very nice :s 
So.... I unpicked it and decided to use fabric glue instead :) 
Next I pinned the chart to the black felt the wrong side out and then used my sewing machine to sew the two materials together. 




Finally I ironed the chart and here is the finished article! What do you think? I can't wait to use it in my classroom! 


No comments:

Post a Comment