Sunday 1 September 2013

Fairy Coasters

Cute coasters that I made for some of my friends this year...
How To Make Your Own!

You will need :-

  • Your choosen papers
  • Tiles
  • Ruler
  • Pencil
  • Glue - Modge Podge was used for the photo
  • Resin -Water resistant/heat proof 


1) Choose the papers that you would like to have as your tile background,
2) Cut the paper to size using the tile as a guide - it works best if you cut the paper just smaller than the tile this way you do not get any flappy edges,
3) Next glue the paper to your tile - I used Modge Podge for my tiles,
4) Once the paper had dried cover the paper and tile in a few layers of Modge Podge - I found this helped to seal the tiles and stopped the paper from bobbling,
5) Once the tiles are completely dry cover the tile in resin - I used waterproof resin for mine as I wanted them to be used for drinks etc,  - I used 3 coats of resin to make sure that mine were completely resistant



No comments:

Post a Comment