Saturday 29 March 2014

Guided Reading

Hiya,
I am trying to make my Guided Reading sessions a bit more exciting.
My current sessions involve:-

  • Group Reading with me
  • Group listening and reading at the listening station
  • Group playing a reading game ( can be quite noisy so would like to change this)
  • Group silent reading
  • Group completing a task on the book we read together the day before - could be an AR test
As I said above - the reading game I would like to change as it can sometimes ruin the calm environment as the kids get soooooo excited they can be a bit loud.
I would also like to add a few more choices into the task group,  does anyone have any ideas to help?
In my school the activities have to be reading based so no handwriting etc.

Any ideas welcome please :)


No comments:

Post a Comment